When it comes to creating a 'fashion statement', you really can't look past colour-blocking for a bold, head-turning look. For opening of VAMFF this year (Melbourne Fashion Week), I opted for a contrasting pink/red ensemble.
At first it may seem overwhelming, but with a little practice, you'll soon be colour-blocking your entire wardrobe (slight exaggeration).
Here are a couple of fashion tips, when attempting this look.
- Keep it simple - avoid introducing prints, or patterns
- Start with one bold-coloured dress and accessories with a contrasting heel/bag
- Experiment with colours on opposing sides of the colour wheel for extra bang
- Don't forget your makeup - a bold pop of colour can also dress-up a look
- And finally, don't be afraid to experiment with which colours work and don't work
Mieke Stein Top
Finders Keepers Shorts
Nasty Gal Sandals
by jasmin fine jewellery